Pages

3/15/2009

Interview with Suzanne Rall-Smith!

Shop name: Suzanne Rall-Smith PALM FROND ARTIST
Shop address: http://srallsmith.etsy.com
Other address: http://palmfrondartist.com


What draws you to using trashion materials?
I love "trashion" materials because it feels good to reuse something that might have just been thrown away.


What trashion materials do you use?
I am drawn to palm frond boots because they are free, beautiful wood and each has its own unique shape.


Do you remember the first thing you made using the trashion concept?
My first project using palm frond boots was a mask and I really didn't prepare the surface as well as I should.


What are your current projects and what is on the horizon?
My current projects using palm frond boots include interpretations of masterpieces, adding more of a 3d effect using a different variety of palm and small magnets. I will be adding some more extensive carving of the palm frond boot in the future, so check out my web shop often to see what's new!

2 comments:

Lori said...

Incredibly original! I love to collect nature finds and think of something to make w/them. Though I usually just pile them on a window sill as is. Great job thinking of this new craft!

TheRedCan said...

Amazing work. Such a creative mind.